You have written your Vision Statement using the previous information. We will now use this and expand upon it to build a clear picture of what your business will be, your target customers and what you will be offering them. This is all information that others are going to want if they are to provide funds or investments.
Now for this section you want to start out by giving an overview of your business, focus on:
- The date you started trading or proposed start date.
- Any investment or projected investments to date.
- The type of business and the sector that it is in.
- History of the company, including if applicable, previous owners, franchise information, previous successes
- The legal status (e.g. sole trader, partnership, LLP, LTD) here is a good link for information about these
- Your vision for the future.
- Describe your products and services as simply and clearly as possible.
- What makes it different from similar products.
- What benefits does this have for both your customer and your business.
- Why will customers buy from you rather than competitors.
- the key features and success factors in the industry you will be operating within.
- How you plan to develop you products and services to ensure you are current
- Any patents or trademarks you currently have